Friday, July 17, 2015

Session #2: A Friday Morning Stroll

A now for the promptest (most prompt?) blog post in Summer Season History! (Here. By me. Recently, at least. Recent history.)

I took a lovely walk around Camp this morning with my coffee and a camera, from about 9:52-10:05 am (approximately).  

These are the things I saw:

Junkyard Band rehearsing in front of Canoe Class.

Their gig at the Campfire tonight is going to be epic. (That's right. They have gigs.)

Here's the album cover. The album name was some clever play on extinction, but I don't remember it right now.

This is not a pose! Our campers stand around with their hands in the thumbs up position at all times.

Lawn Games!

See, we don't just stand around in Fishing! Sometimes we catch fish! (And then release fish.)

Yup. A nice morning stroll locale.

Worry not. Capsizing is on today's lesson plan.

CITs I! We we teach all the leadership lessons Girant Jenga can offer.

Again, not a pose! When waiting for their turn in Archery, campers always huddle together and smile into the distance.

How are things going, Sam Ryder? Thumbs up, Sam Ryder? Good, Sam Ryder.

The line is ready. For some Archery tic-tac-toe.

Tie-Dye. A Camp Staple.

Gotta stop in the Craft Shop.

And check on Outdoor Cooking!

Outdoor Cooking: The Fourth Square Meal a Day.

Those smiles let y'know just how good open-fire-mostly-cooked blueberry muffins taste.


Yeah, I know. I've got the best morning stroll in America.

NEXT TIME: Ooops. I forgot. We lost a bunch more dinosaurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment