Friday, April 29, 2016

Meet the Staff of 16 - Volume VIII - Sarah Interviews McBride






Peter: So I have a ready a number of these interviews and it appears that the standard question is, "How long have you been coming to camp." So my question to you is, what is your favorite sport?

Sarah: I am the #1 fan of Cutter Disk, which involves trying to catch frisbees by chucking garbage cans across the bowl. It's a little older, circa 2011 or 2012, but will stay in my heart forever. What is your job on camp this year?

Peter:  Ahhhh cutter disc! You are showing your camp experience there! This year I will be the shooting sports coordinator which basically means that during classes I'm on massive fitness class going from range to range! Will you also be a shooting sports coordinator?

Sarah: Oh my goodness how did you know?? Haha but I'll actually be taking over one of your old spots on the waterfront as a lifeguard! What's your favorite aquatic camp activity?

Peter:  Lifeguarding! Well that's wonderful! Have you ever meet Velcro? My favorite aquatic activity is going over to the watercooler and getting myself a nice glass of ice cold water! Remember, a hydrated camper is a happy camper!

Sarah: I actually met Velcro my very first year as a camper by accidentally catching him while taking a fishing class. He was not a very happy camper, probably because he didn't have enough water to drink. Did you ever go to summer camp as a kid?

Peter: You know he gets cranky sometimes. He wants to just casually swim around, which I get! But sometimes he just gets all up in peoples grill and that isn't fair! So I went to soccer camp as kid, which ties me seamlessly into my next question. Do you follow soccer? If you don't, pretend like you do. Who do you support? No MLS teams please!

Sarah: I actually love watching soccer but don't follow any teams religiously, but I'll say Manchester United just because that's just about the only name I know. Who do you root for?

Peter:  WHAT A WONDERFUL CHOICE! As luck would have it, that is exactly who I enjoy as well. Next question, who do you believe should be the number one pick in the 2016 NFL draft?

Sarah: Myself. I can run faster than the average fish, can throw a ball impressively far, and am definitely not afraid to tackle someone (except for in Battle For the Island because we play safe). Obviously I'm who you had in mind as well, right?

Peter:  You know it's funny. I would of course agree that you are the best player on the board but I have to think of the needs of my team. Okay real life scenario!! It's 3am on a cold, windy night! You wake up because you have heard the wind howling against your bedroom winding. You tell yourself that it's okay and then you hear a sound that no one ever wants to hear! It's your belly rumbling! You have got the midnight munchies! What's your food of choice?


Sarah: Tortilla chips and guacamole. I am positively sure that they can make me happy at any time of the day. What about you? What's your go-to snack?

Peter:  You know I'm not a picky eater! I love me some food! Chips and Guac is a wonderful choice! I expect a weekly dose of this during the summer (and obviously you will share)! Okay my final question has to be something related to camp (even though I feel that we more to discuss in regards to the NFL draft) So a genie comes in and tells you that for environment reasons he/she must take every single aspect of camp away. However he/she will grant you one thing that you can keep. What is it?

Sarah: It's gonna take a lot of convincing for me to give up my guacamole, but maybe I can make an exception for you. Oh man that's a tough question. I would keep the all-camp activities, like the counselor hunts and camp fairs, because I love seeing everyone at camp together in one place just having so much fun. Camp definitely wouldn't be the same without them. And one very serious last question for you...if a Hollywood producer called you tomorrow and told you he was making a movie about your life and wanted you to pick who played the role of you, Peter McBride, who would you pick?

Peter: Easy! Tom Selleck! or Donny Wahlberg! of course Brad Pitt would come into the conversation. I also an awesome Michael Keaton movie recently! Now that I say that, Mark Ruffalo is another wonderful choice. At which point I will need to mention Robert Downey Jr. And of course that makes me think of Captain America. And I have found Scarlett Johansen to be a very diverse actress!! Hmm maybe this needs a little more thought! Lets pick this up at staff training! Peace out Kleppe!

Sarah: Some VERY excellent choices. Let's find a way to morph them all into one person. See you in June! 

No comments:

Post a Comment