Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Meet the Staff of '16 -Volume VII - Kate Interviews Mechu










KATE: How many times have you been to camp as a camper and staff?

MECHU: I’ve been at going for about 7 years, which is actually already more time than an average human will spend eating in their entire lives!! (I’m pretty sure I’d zoom past that if I were in a room full of fresh strawberries and popcorn though) If you had a room full of your favorite foods, what would be in it?

KATE: Wow! I think I would go for chocolate ice-creams and cinnamon Teddy Grahams. What's your favourite part of camp?

MECHU: My absolute favorite part of camp would have to be the talent show that happens every Thursday night!! All of the skits turn out to be so wacky and fun, and you never know what to expect!

KATE: That’s sounds awesome! I do like watching talent shows! The fun thing is also preparations like making costumes or decorations.
What was one of the funniest situations you have had with your campers?

MECHU: If you ask any of the girls that were in my cabin last summer, you will find that I was quite a fan of dancing around with a broom to the Backstreet Boys and Jonas Brothers while they all stare at me like I’ve gone insane. Sometimes I convince them to join me though. What kind of music would get you dancing around the cabin with a broom? Or maybe you’re more of a mop gal? 


KATE: Hahah, there’re maaaany such songs! The first one that comes to my mind is ‘YMCA’ by Village People. I like playing different songs and doing freeze dance with campers. If you were an animal, what would it be and why?

MECHU: I think most people know the answer to this because I am not shy about what my favorite animal is, but I would most definitely, absolutely, without a doubt be a MANATEEE. All they do is float and eat and have a grand old time doing pretty much nothing, just relaxing out in nature. It sounds like the perfect life. Plus, they just got taken off the endangered species list, so everyone can celebrate!!! If you could morph any two animals in the world, which ones would they be and what would you name it? 

KATE: We don’t have manatees in Europe, but they seem to be super cute. It makes me think of sloths which chill out not in the water, but in the trees. So when it comes to your question, I would morph a dog and a parrot because it would be cool if dogs could speak, or, at least, we could teach them speaking like we teach parrots. Is there any game/activity that you like doing with your campers the most?

MECHU: I would like to say that I was a big fan of the game “Honey, Do you love me?” since I had never been cracked, but unfortunately my streak was broken last summer, so I’m determined to become the master of Pterodactyl next.

KATE: I do know “Honey, Do you love me?”!  I’m almost always the one that starts laughing first. Besides, I’m the big fan of mafia game, it’s suuuper fun!  And I also like playing different card games. You're going to spend the rest of your life on an island. You can take with you only one candy. What would it be?

MECHU: Chocolate. I just really like chocolate. If we were stuck together, what would you bring? Maybe we can mash them together and invent something new!

KATE: So  do I! Hmmm, I would bring waffles, that way we could mash pieces of chocolate and make a chocolate sauce, and then spread it on waffles. We could also add some banana slices (I'm sure that that there would banana trees on our island). What do you like doing in your free time?

MECHU: As a music student, the ten minutes of free time that I do get in a week, I choose to dream about what I would do if I had more free time. I am a big big fan of puzzles, petting stranger’s dogs, taking quizzes online to discover things about myself, and spending way too much time looking up at the stars.

KATE: That actually sounds like plenty of free time, hehe. I like watching American talk shows like The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.

MECHU: I’m so excited to meet you and show you the magic that is camp!!! Where are you coming from?

KATE: Yay! Camp is literally so soon. I come from Poland, it’s an awesome country in the central Europe. 

MECHU: Is there anything that you are really excited to do when you come over here?

KATE: I’m actually excited about every single piece of camp! Campers, staff, stories, activities, games, camp fires!!! Camp is such an amazing place where you forget about the rest of the world. Besides, it is so cool that we can be close to nature. It makes a huge change for me, as I live in a city all year. I‘ve never been to New Jersey, so it is also something I‘m pretty excited about.

MECHU: Do you think you can handle my terrible puns and jokes in the craft shop for two whole months?

KATE: Hahaha, Mechu, no worries. I can't wait for us working together!

No comments:

Post a Comment