Monday, April 11, 2016

Meet the Staff of '16! - Volume IV - Kain Interviews Amber



















Kain: Alright you ready? Your answer to this first question will determine the path you take for this whole interview! Do you prefer Pink or Blue cotton candy?

Amber: Neither, I don’t eat cotton candy, hopefully you prepared a neither path!

Kain: Aw no! It’s so good though! But I’ll work with it. Who do you think would win in a dance battle: A robot dinosaur or Michael Jackson?

Amber: That’s a tough one, I think I’d have to go with a robot dinosaur because you can’t go wrong with a dancing robot dinosaur, we should consider arranging one to come to camp for one of the dances! (Editor's Note: I'm on it, Amber. I. Am. On it.)

Kain: I totally agree! Maybe for Chaos week it can make a super funky fresh appearance! But moving on! Let’s talk camp dessert, Would you rather have Ice cream sandwiches or brownie?

Amber: Hands down ice cream sandwiches, although freak out should have been an option, you can never go wrong with freak out!

Kain: Well of course Freak Out is the number one but I figured I’d spice it up in the camp dessert conversation since there are other very good options too! So anyways, What made you decide you wanted to be a counselor? What keeps you coming back?

Amber: Day one as a camper I told myself I would become a Counselor, so I did, camp is such a great place and it allows people to be who they actually are.

Kain: Sometimes you just know, like there’s a feeling you get like ‘yeah this is the place to be’ that’s so awesome! So let’s talk personal records, what is the longest you’ve ever worn a friendship bracelet for? And double whammy, what week are you most anticipating!

Amber: The record of my longest friendship bracelet was 6 months give or take a few days, I was absolutely heartbroken when it broke, that’s a fairly new record it happened this year! and CHAOS WEEK, IM SO STOKED, I CANT WAIT! I think I hear the chaos machine calling my name already.

Kain: That’s a crazy long time! I’m sure it gets emotional when they fall off, and the chaos machine sounds so sweet! I’d love to give it a try! Buuut, POP QUIZ: what is the square root of 90,862 divided by 11 squared, times 3?

Amber: I’m gonna take a stab at it and guess 81, I may or may not have the slight help of siri.

Kain: Close!!! It was actually about 7.47 but good try. So Amber, do you rock your watch on your left or right wrist?

Amber: I rock my watch on my left wrist, typically by the end of the summer i’m rocking a watch tan line too!

Kain: I don’t doubt it! Okay it’s the final stretch! BFI OR BFL, Kayaking or Canoeing, and do you prefer the opening or closing camp ceremony?

Amber: BFI BFI BFI! Kayaking and that’s a tough one, I enjoy seeing the course areas skits at the opening ceremony but I do love hearing every color group highlights of the week so I’d have to say it’s a tie!

Kain: Fair enough! Alright, these are the last two questions I have for you, first, would you rather smell like tuna and doritis for 29 years, OR have to wait in crazy long lines listening to loud disco everywhere you went for 37 years? And then finally what are three tips you’d give a camper to help them have the best week at camp ever?!

Amber: I think I’d have to choose tuna and doritos for 29 years, because I’ve assumed if I smell like it I’d probably eat it and I enjoy eating tuna and Doritis, not exactly at the same time but it’s worth a try!

Kain: That seems relatable.

Amber: Three tips for the best week at camp?
1. Get involved, even if you think it’s crazy and weird you’ll have a better time participating then if you were watching

2. Try new things, it’ll make your week so much more memorable, and you’ll find out if you enjoy fishing or don’t like spinach.

3. Make friends, your camp friends will last a lifetime, there is no other bond like a camp bond.

Kain: That’s some really good advice! Thank you so much for letting me interview you! Its going
to be a great summer!

Amber: Of course, thank you! & yes it’s going to be another fantastic summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment