Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Meet the Staff of '16! - Volume V - Tim Interviews Langone


(*Editors Note: Previously unbeknownst to me, it turns out that it is nearly impossible to find photos of Tim in the Camp Archives, despite the huge amount of summers he's been here. What makes him such an undocumented man of mystery? Stay tuned this summer to find out! Especially during Spy Week.)



(*Editor's Note: It also turns out it is very, very easy to find photos like this of Julia Langone in the Camp Archives. There are literally thousands of them.)


Tim: What week are you looking forward to most at camp this summer?

Julia: As the Resource Coordinator, my job involves diving into each week’s theme and creating whacky all camp games (and sometimes funny story lines) to tie the identity of a week to! So as the theme queen, it’s hard for me to choose. However I am super excited for Color Wars this year (going to be NUTS) and Out of this World week because I’m a developing space nerd.
Tim, you’ve been coming to camp quite a bit over the years. Which is your favorite: Cabin Choice, Talent Shows or the Camp Dance?

Tim: The Talent show is without a doubt my favorite thing! I love the talent show because you get to see all the different campers talents. The free ice cream is also a plus!
If you could have Carl cook you one meal of your choice, what would it be?

Julia: Carl can cook anything. The man is a wizard. So I would actually just challenge him and just give him ingredients I would want included. Carl, can you make something delicious involving grilled cheese, Nutella, and those vegetarian breakfast sausages?
Delicious camp food aside, what course area are you apart of this summer and what are you most excited about for it?

Tim: This summer i will be hanging out at the waterfront soakin' up the sun and making sure everyone is staying safe and having fun out on lake shawani. The part I'm looking forward to the most is being able to spend a good part of my time in the water during the hot summer days!
How much different is it working at the waterfront comp
ared to all the other areas? 


Julia: You go through more changes of clothes (or not) and usually smell of wonderful Lake Shawanni water, (does wonders for the skin)! But in all seriousness, you form a tight knit team with your fellow guards since there is an added weight of responsibility. Before I became the Resource Coordinator, I worked at the waterfront for 2 years. Although I am fully involved in Cabin Choice and Talent Shows and Land Rec and whatnot, a piece of my heart is still at the waterfront!

Tim: What is the most challenging part of working at the waterfront? Any advice?

Julia: Endurance. You're in the sun quite a bit, you are always "on" when guarding and there's quite a lot of canoe lifting! You'll do in service drills too, but I found them to be the best time to be with your team in a crazy camp day! As for advice… Own it! You guys carry the weight so all of camp can swim and play in our little lake! Many campers have never been in a boat or a lake and it's awesome to see them fall in love!
Did you do anything for the FIRST time at camp as a camper growing up? Hop in a canoe? Swim in a lake? Put up a tent?

Tim: The one that I hold close to my heart is the first time I indulged in Freakout.
What is it about camp that keeps you coming back year after year?

Julia: The staff. The campers. Being outside every day. And laughing. I honestly laugh my hardest when I'm at camp. The campers are goofy and so is our staff. What's not to love about being in the sunshine and making fun for kids? (and us adults!) You counselors create an identity for the summer along with the kids and its super cool to witness and help create. Nothing like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment