Monday, April 13, 2015

Meet the Staff of '15: Mark Interviews Ms. Rachel Podgorski!

The ninth installment of our 17ish part series:  Meet the Summer Staff of 2015!


Mark Schlichting


Shooting Sports Counselor


--------------------INTERVIEWS--------------------


Rachel Podgorski
Shooting Sports Counselor

Mark: How many years have you been at camp?

Rachel: This is going to be my 9th summer at camp!

Mark: What is your favorite memory of camp as a camper

Rachel: Oh man, that's too hard!  Right now I'm thinking about a Karaoke Baking cabin choice activity, but I'll probably think of something different in the next minute.

Mark: Who if anyone was your favorite counselor an why (me/Ben obviously)

Rachel: Mark, neither you nor Ben have been counselors when I was a camper.  We did catch a bear one year I was there, though.  He wasn't technically my counselor either, but I'd say the bear.

(Editor's Note: Mark, thanks for pushing me for consideration.)

(Bear's Note: Rachel, thank you for my official selection as "favorite counselor. I'll cherish this.)

Mark: What is your passion in life ( dream job/career)?

Rachel: Anyone who knows me knows not to ask me that, I'll talk your ear off about Ebola for days!  I love diseases.  My dream job would be a part time scientist, part time pastry chef, part time park ranger.

Mark: What are your three favorite things to do with your down time

Rachel:
1. Reading
2. Exploring the outdoors
3. Prank calling Mark Schlichting

Mark: What's you favorite sport team?

Rachel: I'm a huge Devils hockey fan, because I'm loyal to the great state of New Jersey  (I'm looking at you, "Rangers fan" Mark)

Mark: What's your favorite camp week theme?

Rachel: Chaos.  Sorry for being unoriginal, but there's a reason its a classic camp staple! I've dreamed of being ice-cream sundae-ed my whole life.

Mark: What is your main goal this summer?

Rachel: I've put in 9 years at this place with the sole goal of being ice-cream sundae-ed. Seriously. It's the only reason I'll be here. (Really though, I'm just looking to have an awesome summer with awesome people in my favorite place in the world!)

No comments:

Post a Comment