Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Meet the Staff of '16- Volume XIV - John Interviews Molly!










JOHN: Hello Molly! Here are a few questions that I came up with for our interview. What is your favorite type of music?

Molly: I love a lot of different music but I really do love cheesy pop, fun happy songs that are good for a sing and a dance.
What music do you like?

JOHN: Pop music, eh? I have to say that while I have spent years resisting a lot of that, I’ve recently been developing more of an appreciation for it. I like a lot of stuff, I play music so it’s a pretty big part of my life. I am into alternative rock and electronic stuff, classic rock, some classic hip hop, even a little bit of cheesy pop.
As EE Coordinator, what is the craziest animal you have ever seen in the woods at camp?

Molly: Ha, probably the very rare creature that can only been found at camp know as a camper! I’m not sure, I see a lot of cool stuff at camp but I was especially excited when I saw my first humming bird!
What's the coolest place you have been to and what is craziest animal you have ever seen?

JOHN: My mom has hummingbird feeders at home so fortunately for me, I get to see them pretty often-- they’re pretty interesting little ones. As for the coolest place that I have been to, I lived in California for a bit when I was a kid and my family went to Yosemite National Park a few times. That is one of my favorite places, it’s pretty magnificent. I am not sure about the craziest animal I’ve seen but I’ve seen a few wild bears which I guess is a sort of animal spotting milestone for some people-- bears are pretty awesome.
Being from England, what are some American stereotypes that you have found to be true/untrue?

Molly: That's a hard one, probably the most American thing I ever been to was when I went to a baseball game I can't really describe it, it was just American. Watching sport is very different in England you just go and watch, it normally rains, but that is pretty much it.

JOHN: Interesting… I’ve heard that European soccer matches and Rugby is very different from the things we have in the U.S. I would love to go to one of those games.
When you went to Hogwarts, did you choose an owl, a cat, or a toad?

Molly: Although I think owls are really cool I would probably have a cat (I would want a really clever cat like Crookshanks) I really like cats I used to have a cat when I was little her name was Nelly and she used to sleep on my head.
If you were at Hogwarts which house do you think you would be in? (I'm a Huffelpuff!)

JOHN: Love this question. Hufflepuffs are so well rounded and grounded-- they have very sound values, that’s definitely a good house to be a part of. I think that human nature leads us all to want to say that we would be in Gryffindor, though I am not totally sure what I would classify myself as… I think that I have a mix of Gryffindor/Slytherin values, but I don’t know… maybe since I’m sort of a mix, Hufflepuff could be a good fit. Plus, badgers are pretty sweet and that is the Hufflepuff crest.

(*Editor's Note: It's been quite sometime since I've had any idea what they're talking about.)
If there was going to be a movie made about camp, who would play you?

Molly: I think that Emma Stone would play me because she is a bit goofy and likes to have a laugh and I think we are both a little bit bonkers
Who would play you in a movie?

JOHN: I think that Paul Rudd would be a good choice. Though I don’t really set it at all, I hear sometimes that I look like him. He seems like a nice guy, tries to do the right thing, has fun. He can be a goof and so am I.


Molly: Justin Timberlake or Justin Bieber (JT v JB)?

JOHN:  Justin Timberlake all the way … He was the king of my generation, I grew up with JT. I get annoyed //with Justin Beiber a lot (but some of his new songs are super catchy).
Molly, what kind of bear is best?
(Part 2: Do you watch the TV show The Office?)

Molly: I'm going to say spectacled bears are best because they look like they are wearing glasses.
I have seen a little bit of the British office but not a lot and none of the US series.

JOHN: Hmm, okay good stuff. Good bear, I saw one at the zoo recently. I’m into the Grizzly/Brown family of bears. They sort of stand for a lot of cool values and everything that is the wild and from nature here in North America, I can dig that.
What is your favorite spot at camp and why?

Molly: There are a few spots I love I don’t think I could pick a favourite! There is a spot on the hike around the lake where you can cross over the stream that I love because there is lots to look about for and you can always find cool things there like frogs, insects and animal prints in the mud. I also like being around the dining hall because there are always things going on there and I like being in the thick of all the camp activity (also the view of the lake is beautiful... but I don’t think there is really any part of camp that isn’t stunning)!
What are you most looking forward to this summer?

JOHN: I’m new to camp so I can’t fully decide on what I am looking forward to the most about it yet, but… I would say that I am looking forward to those moments that sort of make you think “this is what camp is all about.” Based on what I have heard about camp there are a TON of things that make this place special, especially the people at camp and the time that we get to spend with each other just making friends and having a great time at summer camp… I’m really looking forward to it all!
And I'm looking forward to meeting you!


Molly: I’m looking forward to meeting you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment