Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Meet the Staff of '16 - Volume XII - Aleksandra Interviews T-Nivi








A: Hello Tyler, so let the fun begin. My first question is... what's your coolest memory from the camp?

T: I have never been a fisherman, and anytime I did go fishing, I found that I was way too impatient for the activity. So, reasonably so, I had never caught a fish. It was a couple of summers ago, that I finally caught one here in Lake Shawanni. I was so proud of myself (probably a lot more that I should have been.)

A: What's your favorite snack?

T: At camp, I love a good banana!

A:  If you could speak any language which one it would be?

T: Probably Latin, but only because I'm a giant nerd like that.

A: What's an essential trait that every camper has to have?

T: That's a good one. I think campers at our camp need to be silly. Silliness is key to having a successful week as a camper. It is also an important trait for counselors as well!

A: Is there anything you'd like to change about camp and if yes what would it be ?

T: The only thing I would change would be to make the day longer. We just don't have enough time to do everything we want to do!

A: What did you gain by working on camp?

T: Working at camp gave me the leadership skills that I can use practically in my everyday life. It's not just a place for the campers to grow and mature but the staff as well.

A: What's the most surprising thing that took place at camp while you're working? ( some bear,skunk or racoon visit ? :D )

T: I've been at camp a long time now, and I've seen many many things. The most surprising though was in 2012 when lightning struck a tree just outside a cabin, and made its way inside. It gave the girls in there quite a fright, but thankfully no one was seriously injured.What are you most looking forward to here at camp?

A: Well to be honest, I'm excited about pretty everything ! I can't wait to feel the atmosphere of the camp. Meeting new people, living so close to nature for 8 weeks and of course having a chance to participate in activities with all the campers . So basically just to have a best summer time in my life !

T: How would you react if you saw a bear on camp?

A: Hahaha that's a good question, on our orientation meeting in Poznan the coordinators gave us instructions how to behave in cases like that. Firstly, I would not run or do any rapid moves. I would try to hold still, not look the animal in the eyes and then really gently try to step back. If the bear would still take an interest in me, I would gently lay down, cover my neck and head.

(***Editor's Notes: Sounds like you have a well thought out strategy, Aleksandra! Worry not though, we make enough noise here at Camp where the bears keep their distance...)

T: What age group do you think you would work best with?

A:  I'm keen to work with every age group !

T:  What would be your ideal camp meal?

A:  My ideal camp meal would be a homemade tortilla with chicken, mix of salads, tomato, cucumber, cheese and sauce.

T: We divide the camp into animal groups here at camp. What animal would you be best represented by?

A:  I see myself as kind of dog person. Cheerful, friendly and always excited about new things.

T: Our talent show is a staple of our Thursday nights. Do you have any hidden talents?

A:  Wow, that' so cool ! I was a member of school choirs, so I think singing, but I'm looking forward to this event and try different categories ;) Thank's and see you in June !

No comments:

Post a Comment