Monday, May 11, 2015

Meet the Staff of '15: Matty Interviews Lois

The sixteenth installment of our 17ish part series:  Meet the Summer Staff of 2015!


Matty Dunn
Waterfront Counselor


-------------INTERVIEWS-------------


LOIS CROUCH

KITCHEN STAFF

(***EDITOR'S NOTE: For the interview "Me" = "Matty")

Me: So Lois, seeing as you’re brand new to camp, can you tell everyone a bit about yourself?

Lois: Okay, well my names Lois, can't really shorten my name because it's short anyway but most people I know call me 'Lo' but I think that's because they are being lazy! I love most things to do with fitness and have completed half marathons and various other runs but love weight training the most! I'm a bit of a computer geek and have nearly finished my IT Business Diploma and in September I will be going to Northumbria University to study Web Design and Development. I love meeting new people and taking part in fun activities and trying activities that I haven't done before.

Me: Ahh so you'll love doing the rooster run then every morning! What made you want to take part in the crazy/amazing life that is known as camp?

Lois: I wanted to take part in camp because I enjoy making new friends and challenging myself with new experiences.

Me: Youll fit in perfectly then! What are you most looking forward to at being at camp?

Lois: I'm most looking forward to getting to know everyone at camp and enjoying the whole summer together.

Me: So here at camp, we have the world famous Viking dinner which you can eat with no hands and mostly just using your face, what would your dream Viking dinner be?

Lois: My dream Viking dinner would 100% have to be a homemade lasagne or something to do with chicken and sweet potato fries/mash, they're my favourites!

Me: I'm backing Lasagne as a viking dinner (is this possible Ben? :P ). Following Viking dinner is "freakout" (best dessert ever"), it is usually just a load of desserts in one bowl, what would you put in your freakout?

Lois: Freakout sounds like a dream! Cheese cake is my favourite desert ever so that would have to make up at least 60% of it! Then I would add mars bar ice cream, rolos, smarties, crunchie bars, Hershey, banoffee pie, the list is endless!

Me: Cheesecake would be so good in Freakout!! As I said, at camp, it’s a crazy life to lead. Whats the craziest thing you’ve ever done?

Lois: This isn't the craziest thing I have done but looking back now it's funny and I looked dreadful! I done a 10 mile sponsored walk/run dressed a smurf when it was very hot, the paint looked so good at first but I got home and no one had told me how dreadful I looked! I went to get it off in the bath and the paint stained the bath for a good week or two (sorry mum)...

(***EDITOR'S NOTE: Lois's picture now makes much, much more sense...)

Me: Sounds like what you'd look like after leaving the chaos machine (reliving flashbacks of that day…). One final question, at camp, we have the four main animal groups; The Beavers, Hawks, Bears and Turtles, if you could be any animal of your choice, what would it be?

Lois: If I could be any animal I would want to be a fish, they are my favourite by far!


No comments:

Post a Comment