Thursday, May 14, 2015

Meet the Staff of '15: Julie Interviews Emma

The seventeenth(finally!) installment of our 17ish part series:  Meet the Summer Staff of 2015!

JULIE "THE WATERFRONT COORDINATOR" CLAWSON


WATERFRONT COORDINATOR (Oh, yeah. We've been over that.)

-----------INTERVIEWS-----------

EMMA BURDEN

WATERFRONT COUNSELOR

(***Editor's Note: Yes, that appears to be Emma eating a scorpion of some sort. Not entirely sure why. Just go with it.)

JULIE: Where were you born? Follow up: Where do you reside now?

EMMA: I was born on the outskirts of London in a beautiful place called Kent, Born here and still live here.

JULIE: How do you spend your days?

EMMA:  I spend my days going to college which is on the famous Oxford Street in London a great location to be a student! Then I'll either go to work or do something fun with my friends such as go to a park, go for a run or walk the dog.


JULIE: What are you studying in school? And where do you work?

EMMA: I am studying Business but I am going to University next year to study Advertising very excited! I work for a retailer called Marks and Spencer's as a sales assistant.

JULIE: How did you hear about camp? Follow up: Once you heard about camp, what made you say, "yes. I want to be a part of this."?

EMMA:  I heard about camp America through my very good friend who did it last year he told me exactly what it is like and to me it sounds Brilliant! Looking forward to being outdoors a lot, meeting and spending time with the children and becoming part of the camp staff.

JULIE: What are you hoping to get out of a summer at camp?

EMMA:  I'm hoping to gain invaluable memories, laughs and learning experiences.

JULIE:What are you hoping you can bring to a summer at camp?

EMMA:  I think I can bring to camp a positive, happy, fun energy!

JULIE: If could choose a celebrity to play you in a made for tv special, who would it be?


EMMA:  I would choose difficult one but Miranda Hart don't know if you would know her but she is extremely funny and makes people smile.

JULIE: If you had your own talk show, who would be your first guest AND what would you ask them?


EMMA:  I would want Michael McIntyre and I would ask him "if he would send me a joke everyday?"

JULIE: I don't know either of the celebrities you mentioned, who are they exactly or how could you describe them?

EMMA: The celebrities are both very funny, popular comedians, very well known in England. 

JULIE: Growing up, what was something you believed that you now realize is ridiculous. For example, I used to think there were squatters living in my garage. 

EMMA:  I used to think my climbing frame outside was a spaceship, I have a big imagination!!

JULIE: I'm also not sure what a climbing frame is...perhaps our term for it is a jungle gym?

EMMA: Yes a jungle gym, haha.

JULIE: What's the best trip you've ever taken?


EMMA:  Last year I traveled Thailand for a month best experience of my life as I meet people from all over the world and I think I grew up and became a lot more independent due to this trip.

JULIE: Thailand! Sounds amazing. What's the most interesting food you ate there? Also, how do you say "hello" in Thai?

EMMA: Had some fantastic food in Thailand love trying new things I think the most interesting food I had was the whole scorpians!! Attached a photo of this. (***Editor's Note: Now I'm entirely sure why. Makes sense. And looks delicious.) "Hello" in Thai is "Sawatdee." Very difficult language.

JULIE: If you were to win the lottery, what would be the 3rd thing you'd buy?


EMMA:  An indoor swimming pool not a must have but would love one as I love to swim!

JULIE: What is your favorite leisure activity?

EMMA:  Swimming.

JULIE: If there was one thing we should know about you, what would it be?

EMMA:  I like to make the most out of everyday and fit a lot in, especially a beautiful sunny day so I will say "yes!" To every activity I can help with. 

JULIE: I'm so excited for you to be coming to camp- you have a fantastic attitude and mindset for the summer:) Your last answer in particular, about fitting lots into a day, is exactly what we do here. We make the joke that summer camp actually extends your life because your days feel longer and more full than anywhere else.

EMMA: Sounds perfect about camp getting the most out of a day, I love to be busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment