Friday, June 7, 2019

It's Finally June! So We Better Finally KEEP MEETING THE SUMMER STAFF!!!

Today, we've got a trio of returning counselors to be re-introduced to!

Like Nicol!


Camp Super Power – Being Scottish and not letting anyone forget it. Us Scots don’t get out very often but when we do, we tell everyone… constantly. One of the reasons I was released from Scotland was that I enjoy seeing people happy and laughing. Also because myself and my family are from Scotland I have my own family coat of arms, tartan and clan crest. 

Camp Goals – My aim is for camp to be the most chilled out but exciting experience for everyone and anyone and also for it to be a safe and nurturing place for people to learn about nature, friendships and Scotland (sorry). My experience of camp last year was increadible and if I could have captured that and put it in a bottle and mass produced it I would be rich. But alas I’m still a student and still in debt. Guess I’ll have to make it my goal to make sure camp is bigger and better than last year so watch out Woodrow I'm coming back for you. 

Role at Camp – I am a recreation counsellor so if you are involved in any activities that require bows, disks, walking, talking, throwing assorted objects etc, you’ll probably bump into me. 

Animal – I identify alot with sloths. They are slow and methodical and spend a lot of time eating. I would also like you to meet ‘the haggis’* a beautiful creature that roams the Scottish countryside. Few have seen one as they are so rare. if you do find one, they are very delicious. 

Can’t wait to see all of you who are returning and to those joining us for the first time, welcome to the best summer of your lives.



 Like Shanna!


My role at camp is an E.E. counselor! 

My animal relates to my camp super power. Raccoons are adorable and goofy creatures, and love to forage in human trash. That is my super power! I love finding uses for random garbage that people would usually throw away, and this is particularly helpful for camp! I will always welcome seemingly useless junk with open arms and turn it into something somewhat less useless. 

My camp goal is to live in the moment and make everyday at camp count. 




And like Aran!

(Note- Director's Interpretation of Coat Of Arms:) Aran's Camp Super Power is to pose in front of the sun! You'll be able to find him striking all sorts of stances backlit by the sun's warm glowing rays all over 4-H Camp, all summer long. His goal for the season is to wear fine, tailored business suits and point at his own wrist. His role at Camp is to make graphics representing archery targets. For obvious reasons, the animals that represent him best are yaks and cartoon characters.




----

Bonus! Nicol wanted to share to some scientific info on some creatures indigenous to his homeland:



23 days till Session #1!

No comments:

Post a Comment