Friday, April 5, 2019

Time to start MEETING THE STAFF OF SUMMER 2019!

Yes, it is that wondrous time of year!

That time of year when we are close enough to Summer Camp (87 days and counting!) to start our multi-multi-part process of MEETING THE STAFF OF SUMMER 2019!

No Camp day is the same, no Camp week is the same, and no Camp summer is the same! How is that possible!? Because each year we have a brand-new team, a once-in-a-lifetime assortment of summer staff helping to create that particular summer.

Some are returning staff who have been with us for years, some have been campers for countless summers and are now finally joining the ranks as counselors, and others are brand-new to 4-H Camp entirely!

Where better to start than by meeting our ASSISTANT DIRECTOR: "The Samalander!" 

Sam was a counselor here for Summer '14 and '15, and we're thrilled she's returning in '19 to help lead our Summer Camp Program. We're also thrilled she invented the method that we'll be meeting ALL of our staff this year - by seeing their CAMP COAT OF ARMS:


"My Camp super power is "tiny creature finder"! My animal is river otter! My role at Camp is the Assistant Director, and my goals are to enjoy the peace and positivity of living in nature at 4-H Camp!"



And who better to follow it up with than long time camper, returning counselor, DONASIA:


"My superpower is my freakishly big heart. My camp goals are to promote friendship, to promote respect of yourself, others, and camp, and to promote self confidence. My role at camp is Craft Shop Fanatic and my animal is the wolf because they are loyal, passionate, and they tend to be aggressive when they don't need to be. Can't wait for this summer!"


Next we're on to a former camper whose coming back home to 4-H Camp as a first time staff member...meet our Kitchen Counselor, YAHIA!

"Camp Super Power: Besides having the ultimate power of filling up everyone's stomach with food, I have the ultimate super power of dodging dodge balls. 
Camp Goals: I want to take this time at camp as a time to grow physically and personally, so I want to expand my brain as much as possible.
Camp Animal: Like a hedgehog I am quiet, active, entertaining, and low maintenance
Job on Camp: Making sure we all eat good and get this bread together." 




And brand-new to our Camp Family for Summer 2019, meet NATALIA!
"My Camp Super Power is my sense of direction. I can find my way around easily in a new place and usually I am a good navigator.
My Camp Goals is do my best to make the summer of 2019 unforgettable experience, to help others and to make everything go according to plan. As a Support Counselor I will be responsible for doing housekeeping and helping in the kitchen. While I was doing some serious research (that is, doing online quizzes) I found out that my  animal is a doe which is associated with gentleness, loving people, being sensitive and intuitive."




Though we surely could create a wonderful summer camp with these four staff alone, we think we can create an EVEN BETTER summer camp by bringing in a few dozen MORE staff to help them out, so stay tuned! We've got enough Summer Staff to meet to keep you busy on this blog all springtime long.

No comments:

Post a Comment