Thursday, June 11, 2015

Meet the Staff of '15: Jasper Interviews Wojciech


The NINETEENTH (that's right) installment of our 17ish part series:  Meet the Summer Staff of 2015!


THE MAJESTIC JASPER




ARTS AND CRAFTS COUNSELOR


-----INTERVIEWS-----

WOJCIECH



KITCHEN STAFF



Jasper: So, to begin, Wojciech, I have to ask, for the good of everybody involved... How do you pronounce your name?


Wojciech: Oh no... not again! It's not easy to explain. 'Voy-check' is good enough but not  perfect. Just ask when you meet me. :)  You have to know that Wojciech ('Voy-check') is used rarely. In everyday life I prefer Wojtek that is less formal. What is more important it is quite easy to pronounce: 'Voytech'/'Voytek'.


J: That doesn't sound too hard! I'm sure we'll get it right... eventually. For anyone who might not know already, what country are you from?


W: It's not hard at all. I'll gladly teach everybody how to spell it (and maybe a few more polish words) in right way.  Seeing foreigners speaking polish is always fun. :D Answering your question: I'm from Poland.


J: I just finished school for the year. Do you go to school, and if so, what do you study?


W: I am currently at master's studies of energetics. One year left.


J: Energetics? Is that like Electrical Engineering?


W: Similar. A lot of my friends study Electrical Engineering. We have common subjects.  Energetics is more focused on energy generation and maintaining power lines. Briefly: there is more physics in Energetics and more math in Electrical Engineering. I was always more into physics. :)


J: That's really interesting! We don't have Energetics at my school. Have you worked at a camp before?


W: Don't know if I can consider it as working (I wasn't paid), but several years ago I spent a few days on helping to keep the cleanliness of the camp canteen. It was super fun! Mostly because of the people I met there. Now I'm really excited about this summer because I'm sure it is going to be the best time of my life. I mean it! Can't wait to meet everyone. :)


J: Everyone can't wait to meet you! What are you most looking forward to about coming the the US and working summer camp?


W: This question cannot be answered. ;) This summer everything will be new for me. Plane flight (first time!), people, culture, animals (Are there chipmunks on camp? I heard they are friendly, funny and very common on camps in US. There aren't any in Europe.), activities (Who wants to teach me archery? :D), Walmart,  traveling after camp(Grand Canyon, Niagara 
Falls, NY, Vegas...),  and maaaany other things. But if I have to choose one it will always be people. ;)


J: Seems like a pretty good answer to me! There certainly are chipmunks, but they're pretty skittish, so don't expect to be petting them or anything. 
I've only got one more question. Imagine a penguin walked in your door right now, wearing a 
red bow tie. What do you think it's doing there, and what would it say to you?


W: This penguin just wants to wish me a happy birthday. No doubt. :)


J: Ah, yes, penguins are known to go out of their way to tell people happy birthday. It was 
great talking to you, and I'm looking forward to meeting you at camp! Have a safe flight!


W: Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment